Today was a pretty good day! It didn't start out very well because my mind wouldn't shut up! I have been awake since 2 this morning! Tired? Yes and No... Am I surprised? no... because I had a little bit of sleep right before my Alarm went off this morning... like an hour and a half... so pretty much I had about 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night... How Wonderful! But I think I will sleep better tonight though! Today was so Amazing!
The Sunday before Christmas is a Sunday I look forward to every year! Because we pretty much Sing Christmas Hymns the whole three hours and hear thoughts about Christmas, Favorite Christmas Stories, and Family Traditions! In Sacrament meeting, speakers talked about Christmas and Charity. Being able to serve those in Need, being with Family, and remembering what Christmas is really about! :D Christmas is my favorite Holiday in the World! :D Why? Because I get to be with my Family! I Love my family very much! My family started a tradition of reading the Night of Christ's Birth and also as most families do we open one present... and we all know what those presents are! :D Yeppers! Pajamas! So excited! I don't have a lot of warm pajamas so Christmas every year I get a warm pair of PJ's and those are my PJ's for the Winter to keep me warm! :D I'll be going to my parents house to spend the rest of the week in Lehi for Christmas, then be back at my apartment Saturday Night so that I can go to my Singles ward for Church since I have a calling and I really want to be there! :D I Love my Calling, I have so much fun with it! :D I am the Relief Society Music Specialist, and wow! I have had so much fun with it! :D
In Relief Society to day they did a Christmas Program type thing, and here is what we did! :D
1. We sang hymn # 202 "Oh Come all ye Faithful (Vs. 1 & 2)
2. Someone with an Awesome French Accent(literally someone was visiting my ward from France!) read Luke 1: 26-32 She spoke pretty good English too!
3. #202 Oh Come all ye Faithful (vs. 3)
4. Becca- She shared a tradition her family did when she was growing up. The 12 Days of Christmas to 3 families that needed some help. So starting on the 11 of December, they would choose 3 families from their home ward or Neighborhood that they thought may have needed help! Each day they would get a little package of food or something to help them out drop it off on their door step and Doorbell Ditch. And on the 12th Day Christmas Day, they go to each of those families houses and give them a big basket of Food! And sing Christmas Carols, and tell them who gave them the other 11 packages! It was pretty cool! :D
5. Someone read Luke 2 : 5-7
6. #206 Away in a Manger
7. Luke 2: 8-14
8. # 203 Angels We have heard on High
9. Emily- She told us her favorite Christmas Story! She shared one of my favorites about the Three Trees. Where each of them had a dream of what they wanted to become when they grew up tall and healthy. The 1st Tree wanted to become a Treasure chest filled with Gold and Gemstones! The 2nd Tree wanted to be a Throne Chair for Kings and Queens to sit on! The 3rd Tree just wanted to stay on the Mountain and point up to Heaven! When it became time to be chopped down, the first Tree was made into a Pig feeder type thing... The Second Tree became a Boat, and the 3rd Tree became confused as he was put into long pieces of wood. One day the Virgin Mary set her Baby Jesus in the Pig Feeder filled with hay, and the 1st tree realized they were holding the most precious treasure in the World, God's only Begotten son. The 2nd Tree held quite a few fisher men, and one man fell asleep during the journey, a Nasty Storm came and the Boat was afraid he wouldn't be able to hold up with the storm, all of a sudden the Man woke up and Said "Peace Be Still" And the 2nd Tree realized he was holding the King of Kings. The 3rd Tree Became the Cross to hold the Savior on the day of his Crucifixion, and the 3rd Tree was depressed and sad, when the 3rd Day came around he could feel the tremblings of the Earth Praising Joy, and he realized of how much he just changed the world.
10. Luke 2: 15-20
11. #210 With Wandering Awe
12. Clara- She shared her Testimony of Christmas and how special it was to her! :D
13. #201 Joy to the World
14. The Nativity Video
15. Thoughts from the R.S. President
16. #214 I heard the Bells on Christmas Day
Let me tell ya! The spirit was so strong, I Loved it like crazy! :D I quite enjoyed myself! I sat in the front of the room so that I wouldn't have to keep on going up and down, I could just stand up and lead the music! It was a fun day! :D
After Church I went to my Grandparents house, and met my Newest Cousin Rachel Sydney Leavitt! Let me tell ya! My Cousin Tyler and Kellyann made a cute baby! And Kelly has the right to be biased! Rachel looks so much like Tyler, it's awesome! She's definitely a Daddy's Girl! She makes the same looks as Tyler, I look forward to getting to know her! Wow! She's so dang cute! I hope to share pictures soon! :D She was born December 7, 2009(so only 13 days old!) She was 7 lbs 3 oZ. and 20 in. long I believe... Rachel is such a cute little Baby! I love her to bits! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment